I’ve been busy making some old favorite and new soap fragrance combinations. I have 2 lines of Parson House Soaps that I make, Goats Milk and Cold Process Olive Oil Soap.
There are tons of benefits to using handmade soap over store brands, first and foremost is the brands you find on your grocers’ shelves ARE NOT SOAP. Yes, you read that right, they are not soap, they are detergents such as Sodium laureth sulfate or Sodium lauryl ether sulfate (SLES) and are used as surfactant as a cleansing agents. These soaps tend to leave the skin feeling tight, dry and itchy. A natural by-product of soap making is Glycerine. The large soap companies refine out, via chemical treatment, the glycerine as it is a valuable and expensive industrial material used in various other products.
If that isn’t a good enough reason to use handmade REAL soap, the here are a few benefits of Goat’s Milk & Olive Oil Soaps you may not have known before.
Benefits of Goat’s Milk.
- Goat milk contains alpha-hydroxy acids such as lactic acid which help remove dead skin cells from your skin’s surface. This leaves new cells on the surface of your skin that are smoother and younger looking. The alpha-hydroxy acids are so effective because they break down the bonds that hold the dead skin cells together. Removing dead skin cells will help many skin conditions by removing irritation.
- Goat milk contains many vitamins, but is particularly high in Vitamin A, which is necessary to repair damaged skin tissue, and maintain healthy skin. There have been several medical studies showing that creams made with Vitamin A reduce lines and wrinkles, control acne, and provide some psoriasis relief.
- Fat molecules are an important part of making good soap. The cream that is present in goat milk helps boost the moisturizing quality of goat milk soaps. Since many people suffer from dry skin, particularly in the winter months, this is an important quality for soap. Goat milk soap will not dry your skin out like many other soaps. This is important because keeping skin naturally moisturized helps keep skin healthy.
- Goat milk contains important minerals for the skin such as selenium. Selenium is believed by scientists to have an important role in preventing skin cancer. Selenium can also help prevent damage to the skin from excessive time in the sun.
Benefits of Olive Oil Soap
- Olive oil soap softens and smooths your skin and is great for dry and sensitive skin because olive oil is a fantastic emollient (an agent that softens or soothes the skin).
- Olive oil is great for relieving the symptoms of skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis.
- Olive oil will not clog your pores because it is non-greasy making it great for people who suffer from Acne.
- Olive oil contains squalene and squalane. Squalene is naturally produced by the sebum glands in the skin. The squalene and squalane work together to help prevent the skin’s natural oils from oxidizing which could lead to cell deterioration.
- Hydroxytyrosol gives olive oil anti-inflammatory properties which research shows is good for healing skin abrasions, rashes and sunburn. The hydroxytyrosol also has antimicrobial properties.
So with that said, here are some of my new Scents and old favorites. All our soaps are hand cut and price per 100 gram bar but are generously sized at well over 100 grams each.
Vanilla Goat’s Milk Soap:
Smooth and creamy this bar is scented with the rich warm bakery scent of vanilla. A swirl of clear soap plays through the bar.
Rose Garden Goat’s Milk Soap:
Bathing with this soap is like holding up a bouquet of roses to your nose, very soft & pretty. Chunks of clear soap mingle throughout the rose pink bar.
Cucumber Melon Goat’s Milk Soap:
A wonderful blend of crisp cucumber and fresh ripe honeydew melon creates a clean fragrance enjoyed by both men and women. Swirls of green and melon coloured soap dance within the white bar.
Blueberry Swirl Goat’s Milk Soap:
You may just want to take a quick trip up north to pick some blueberries after bathing with this tart blueberry scented bar! This one is a real winner with the men folk.
Mandarine Green Tea Goat’s Milk Soap:
I blended two unusual suspects in the bar and came up with a truly unique fragrance. The soft green leafy scent of the green tea sits on the surface then the sweet citrusy smell of the mandarine jumps out to play. My husband really likes this one 🙂
True Lilac Goat’s Milk Soap:
You’ll be bringing the scent of spring indoors when you use this bar. CAUTION, you may never want to get out of the tub on a cold winter night! Using this bar just brings a smile to your face.
Splashes of white play in the lilac colour of this bar.
Lavender Shea Olive Oil Soap:
Lavender essential oil scents this soap bar with its soothing & relaxing fragrance. The addition of Shea Butter makes this bar extra moisturizing.
Citrus Calendula Olive Oil Soap:
I’ve used 5 different essential oils in this bar, bitter orange, lemon, lime, lemongrass & sweet orange, then added calendula petals for its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties as well as its astringent and antiseptic benefits. This combination make this bar very emotionally uplifting and great for any skin problems.
So there you have it, my soap 🙂